Monday, May 24, 2004

Victoria Day weekend was fairly uneventful, except for having just come back from a camping trip with a bunch of my friends. However, one could hardly call it a camping trip. A facility that came complete with fully functional showers, toilets, and running water, some camping stalls even had their own electricity. The only thing the facility was missing was room service.

One thing was clear was that we were really over-prepared for what was there. As general planning goes, it went fairly well. Very few last minute purchases had to be made (we made an electronic checklist and someone said they were going to bring a deck of cards...guess what happened). In addition, we all came to the agreement that each individual would be responsible for one meal. I was placed in charge of Saturday evening's meal, which consisted of homemade pasta salad, hamburgers, and corn on the cob.

Needless to say, there is still over half of a bucket full of pasta salad, four kaiser rolls, and three corn cobs left over. As it is, I ate more over the past two and a half days than normal.

Camping is a bit of a big deal among my friends, given the amount of planning required to pull it off. Plus, it also holds a little more emotional significance with my friends (one of my friends met his future wife at the camping trip held after my high school graduation, which I wasn't there for). As my first time, I'd have to say I did enjoy myself, although I would probably enjoy myself just as much in a normal setting, just as long as my friends are there.

But next time, we gotta do something a little more active. Most of the time, I was witness to my friends playing Gameboy and napping. But then, my idea of camping is a little bit different from others.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: